Mangosteen is called "the queen of fruits" in Thailand for its unique and sweet taste.
It provides a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals.
Mangosteen has long been used in Asia for its anti-inflammatory properties
(arthritis, osteoarthritis and inflammation of the intestine such as dysentery and diarrhea).
The anti-inflammatory properties of mangosteen have been compared in effectiveness to some anti-inflammatory prescription drugs, without their side effects.
Mangosteen is rich in xanthones.
These xanthones are mainly contained in the ring that protects the fruit. This is the part that we use.
The medicinal properties of xanthones as an strong antioxidant, have been studied intensively for many years.
Studies have reported the benefits of xanthones
• in cases of cardiovascular problems
• to stimulate the natural defenses,
• to support the cartilage and joint function.
Recent medical research report that xanthones "mangosteen alpha" and "gamma mangosteen" are among the most powerful antioxidants, and allow the body to better defend themselves (in case of cancer, for example).
Their structures allow them to bind inside the cell membranes, where they exert antioxidant activity, protecting the structure and function of cells.
A physician anthropologist, Dr. James Duke, identified 210 distinct active ingredients in the mangosteen, each playing a substantial role in the maintenance of balance and well-being of the body.
Here are listed some of the benefits:
- May assist in case of tumors and cancer prevention.
- Anti-aging, antioxidant.
- Hypotensive (lowers blood pressure).
- Can help reduce testing blood sugar in the blood and promote slimming.
- Against anxiety.
- Against glaucoma, cataract, dizziness.
- Assistance in cases of parkinson disease and alzeimer.